Artist(s): Max Maven, Eugene Burger
Produced by: L&L Publishing
Running Time(s): Volume 1-1 Hour 9 Minutes, Volume 2-57 Minutes, Volume 3-55 Minutes
Includes exclusive bonus photo gallery not contained on video release
|Volume One – Parlor MentalismIt’s done under what can be the most difficult conditions: performing for a medium – sized audience with no formal stage setting to focus attention. Sightlines are often poor, and people must be drawn into the experience even if they can’t see everything clearly. Too, you may be working surrounded, so you’d better be sure there are no angle problems. And, as it’s likely to be a social occasion filled with potential distractions, your material needs to be compelling from the very first moment: intriguing presentations that build to powerful conclusions. This video features a range of commercial Parlor Mentalism. No pre-show work, no secret assistance; this is practical material for the solo performer, using subtle and unusual methods that are as fascinating as the effects they produce. You’ll learn: |
- The Mockingbird – A sampling from the fabled “Birds of Prey” series. At its core, an inexplicable demonstration of playing card telepathy – but you’ll discover how audience participation and an unfolding plot structure can transform an already strong effect into a full – fledged routine.
- Autome – An extraordinary book test using plain, ungimmicked props under the fairest conditions. This is a remarkable routine in and of itself, but it also introduces principles for which you’ll find a host of other uses.
- Divine Write – (Previously Unrevealed): Mutual mentalism with built – in appeal. The performer tries an imposing experiment in clairvoyance, working simultaneously with a member of the audience. Despite the overwhelming odds, the outcome is successful for both!
- Zenvelopes: – A test of intuition using several participants and a number of ESP symbol cards hidden inside opaque envelopes. These are thoroughly mixed by the spectators, who then pair them off by playing their hunches. When the contents are examined, all the symbols have matched perfectly.
- Kurotsuke – (Previously Unrevealed) An ancient game from the imperial court of Japan is turned into a delightful routine of stand – up mentalism that lets several people get involved. And, best of all, it can be done entirely impromptu using only borrowed materials.
- The Mind’s Eye Deck – A pack of some 40 design cards is used. Each one is different, and the deck is shuffled. While the performer’s back is turned, a spectator removes a card. Without turning around, the mentalist starts describing the thought – of design, eventually drawing it on a pad of paper. It’s as straightforward as that.
UK DELIVERY IS FREE for orders over £50, for orders under £50 delivery starts from £3.00.
We offer free delivery on all orders over £50. This applies to UK mainland orders only. The shipping method depends on the size & weight of the items.
£3.00 For Royal Mail First Class Delivery. This applies to UK mainland orders only. Orders placed before 3:00 PM on a working day will be shipped the same day.
£5.00 is a guaranteed next working day service by our courier DPD. (This can be added to any order) For orders placed before 3 pm Mon – Fri.
Please note that parcels sent on the standard First Class service are not insured against loss, Magicbox will not be liable for any lost or damaged parcel as a result of using this service.
The postage for International orders is automatically calculated online and varies depending on the size and weight of the items ordered. Simply add the item(s) to your basket proceed to the checkout and select your country. Or feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]
The MAGICBOX PRICE PROMISE is simple – if you can find any of the products listed on this site cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match their price.
If you do find something cheaper elsewhere, please e-mail us at [email protected]. You will need to provide a link to the web site on which you found the item cheaper so that we can verify it – and we’ll match it! Large items such as illusions may incur extra postage fees on a “price match” basis. We will inform you of any extra shipping fees prior to dispatch.
Magicbox offer a “No Quibble” returns policy. If the item you have bought is not suitable we will happily EXCHANGE it for something else to the same value. Please note the item must be returned unused and in a “sellable” condition. You (the customer) are responsible for the return postage of the item. This does not apply to dvds, books or downloads as due to copyright laws we are unable to offer this policy on these items. However if the dvd or book is sealed and unopened we will happily offer an exchange.
If you wish to return any item, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on +44(0)191 908 3252 with your enquiry.