The Professor, Dai Vernon, summed up Dr. Sawa this way:
“One of the most creative magicians I have ever known. As the saying goes, you have to see it to believe it-and even then, you won’t!” Find out why.
When Dr. Sawa burst onto the magic scene back in the 1970s, he caused an international sensation. His work with paper, seashells, ropes and especially coins, was simultaneously whimsical and astonishing. Some years ago, for private reasons, Dr. Sawa vanished from the magic world. Happily, he has resurfaced-his enthusiasm for magic not only renewed, but actually increased.
L&L Publishing is proud to present new and astonishing coin routines.
1. Gold: Three over sized copper Belgian coins are used. The first becomes gold, then the second. The third becomes silver, and then becomes gold!
2. Maple: Using a deviously simple method, a large silver Canadian coin suddenly develops color, and yet only one coin is used.
3. The Locked Room: A beautiful penetration of a coin into an inverted wineglass, followed by a penetration through a dinner plate, with a bonus surprise at the finish.
4. Pin Point: A coin with a hole through its center is fastened onto a large safety pin. The coin jumps from one rung to the other, so that now it can’t be removed-an “impossible object” that can be thoroughly examined.
5. Cushion Impossible: A ballpoint pen is pushed through two half-dollars, causing visible holes to appear, then vanish. Finally, the two coins change into Chinese coins with the holes returned!
6. Lincoln’s Paper Weight: Three pennies are pushed inside a solid block of transparent acrylic. They’re really inside! The coins are pressed deeper, then all the way through, leaving the block unharmed.
7. Goat: A Sawa classic updated. Twisted tissue is used to create a “goat” that eats paper balls. When fed paper currency, the goat coughs up change!
8. Bermuda Triangle: An exotic presentation wherein coins pass through a table, with an extraordinary unexpected ending.
UK DELIVERY IS FREE for orders over £50, for orders under £50 delivery starts from £3.00.
We offer free delivery on all orders over £50. This applies to UK mainland orders only. The shipping method depends on the size & weight of the items.
£3.00 For standard delivery. This applies to UK mainland orders only. Orders placed before 4:00 PM on a working day will be shipped the same day.
£6.00 is a guaranteed next working day service. (This can be added to any order) For orders placed before 4 pm Mon – Fri.
Please note that parcels sent on the standard delivery are not insured against loss, Magicbox will not be liable for any lost or damaged parcel as a result of using this service.
The postage for International orders is automatically calculated online and varies depending on the size and weight of the items ordered. Simply add the item(s) to your basket proceed to the checkout and select your country. Or feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]
The MAGICBOX PRICE PROMISE is simple – if you can find any of the products listed on this site cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match their price.
If you do find something cheaper elsewhere, please e-mail us at [email protected]. You will need to provide a link to the web site on which you found the item cheaper so that we can verify it – and we’ll match it! Large items such as illusions may incur extra postage fees on a “price match” basis. We will inform you of any extra shipping fees prior to dispatch.
Magicbox offer a “No Quibble” returns policy. If the item you have bought is not suitable we will happily EXCHANGE it for something else to the same value. Please note the item must be returned unused and in a “sellable” condition. You (the customer) are responsible for the return postage of the item. This does not apply to dvds, books or downloads as due to copyright laws we are unable to offer this policy on these items. However if the dvd or book is sealed and unopened we will happily offer an exchange.
If you wish to return any item, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on +44(0)191 908 3252 with your enquiry.